|Ingredients:||Recombinant human laminin-511 E8 fragment, recombinant human serum albumin, phosphate buffered saline|
|Concentration:||1.6 μg/mL of laminin-511E8|
|Storage:||At 2-15°C in a dark place|
|Integrin Binding Affinity:||KD of laminin-511E8 and integrin α6β1 is 10 nM or less|
|Expiry date:||Labeled on the box|
|Use:||This product can be used as a cell culture substrate for iPS/ES and other cells|
iMatrix-511 is a culture medium that can be used for various types of cells, and enables feeder-free culture of pluripotent stem cells (ES / iPS cells) and single-cell passage. This product "Easy iMatrix-511" can be coated on the culture vessel as it is without dilution.
The lineup includes Easy iMatrix-511 derived from CHO-S cells and Easy iMatrix-511 silk derived from silk moth cocoons.
* Recombinant Human Serum Albumin is added to stabilize iMatrix-511 and enhance its activity.
Background of Laminin and Laminin fragment
Laminin-511 is recognized by alpha6beta1 integrin. Cell adhision, extension and proliferation is caused by many cell signalings through intergrin.Laminin-511 E8 is the fragment of Laminin-511 obtained by enzyme digestion. Although this is fragment, it has binding ability to alpha6beta1 integrin.
- Ready to use
- Works in various cells - especially good for iPS / ES cells
- Reduce the risk of contamination by xeno-components in your culture system.
- High cell viability and proliferation rate.
Advantage of using Laminin-511E8 fragment in ES/iPS cell culture
With conventional culture methods, cells die if ES/iPS cells are dispersed into single cells. Therefore, maintaining cell colony is necessary to a certain extent when passaging.
Using Laminin-511 E8 fragment as cell culture substrate enables to maintain and culture even a single ES/iPS.
- The period of time required for learning cell culture methods is reduced.
- The extension efficiency of cell culture is drastically enhanced.
- Add 1.5 mL / well of Easy iMatrix-511 to the plate.
- Incubate the plate at 37℃ for a hour at RT or 4℃ for overnight.
- After (2), discard solution and start culture shortly. (DO NOT DRY!)
Caution: For iPS cells, recommended cell density is 2 - 3 x 103 cells/cm2. However, culture condition must be optimized.
- Ido, H., Nakamura, A., Kobayashi, R., Ito, S., Li, S., Futaki, S., Sekiguchi, K. The requirement of the glutamic acid residue at the third position from the carboxyl termini of the laminin gamma chains in integrin binding by laminins. J Biol Chem . 2007 Apr 13; 282 (15): 11144-11154.
- Taniguchi, Y., Ido, H., Sanzen, N., Hayashi, M., Sato-Nishiuchi, R., Futaki, S., Sekiguchi1, K. The C-terminal Region of Laminin Chains Modulates theIntegrin Binding Affinities of Laminins. J Biol Chem . 2009 Mar 20; 284 (12): 7820-7831.
- Miyazaki, T., Futaki, S., Suemori, H., Taniguchi, Y., Yamada, M., Kawasaki, M., Hayashi, M., Kumagai, H., Nakatsuji, N., Sekiguchi, K., Kawase E. Laminin E8 fragments support efficient adhesion and expansion of dissociated human pluripotent stem cells. Nat Commun . 2012 Dec 4; 3, 1236. Doi: 10.1038 / ncomms2231
iMatrix™ Cell Culture Substrates