Cat. No. KK-300
Origin Streptomyces cacaoi var.asoensis
Polyoxin D is a nucleoside antibiotic from Streptomyces cacaoi var. asoensis, which is isolated from the soil in Aso area, Kumamoto prefecture (Japan). 14 of derivative is already known. Polyoxin D is a specific inhibitor of Chitin synthase in fungi.
Features of Polyoxin D
- Competitive inhibitor of Chitin synthase (EC 220.127.116.11) in fungi cell wall.
- Water soluble but insoluble in organic solvent such as Hexane or Acetone.
- Isono K. et al., Agr. Biol. Chem., 31 (2), 190～199 (1967).
- Ohta N. et al., Agr. Biol. Chem., 34 (8), 1224～1232 (1970).
- Endo A. et al., J. Bact., 104 (1), 189～196 (1970).