Polymer ultra-thin film for microscope imaging Myell seriesFor live imaging of floating cells, yeast, bacteria, tissues, etc.
Cat No: See below
The Myell series is an ultra-thin polymer film that can be used as a substitute for cover glass. By lapping the sample with this product, various advantages not available with the existing preparation methods can be obtained.
- By wrapping with Myell series, observation samples such as floating cells can be retained, image blurring during microscope imaging can be prevented, and clear images can be obtained.
- By wrapping with Myell D made of CYTOP ® , which has water and oil repellency, shrinkage due to drying of the sample is prevented, and long-time image acquisition such as tiling photography of tissue pieces and 3D imaging You can even take clear images. Myell D also supports observation with an oil immersion lens.
- By using the porous type Myell P , it is possible to administer a liquid stimulant such as a drug from the outside while keeping floating cells within the field of view of the microscope.
|Product name||Myell A
(Limited to first purchase)
|Myell S||Myell D||Myell P|
|Type||Standard ultra thin film||High-performance ultra-thin film||Porous ultra thin film|
|Product code||MYLL_A3-One sample only||MYLL_S10||MYLL_D10||MYLL_P4|
|Packaging||3 pieces||10 sheets||10 sheets||4 pieces|
|Apply||Can hold floating cells or tissue|| Can hold floating cells or tissue
Can prevent desiccation.
| Can hold floating cells or tissue
Can add stimulation factor.
|Pore||None||None||Yes (pore pitch: 6 μm)|
|Material||Polylactic acid||CYTOP ® (water and oil repellency)||Polylactic acid|
|Film thickness||60 nm||120 nm||60 nm|
|Diameter||φ 27 mm||φ 27 mm||φ 27 mm|
* Myell™ series are NOT sterilized
* Note: For Myell™ A, one laboratory can order one time only.
Myell™ A or S: Prevent samples from vibrating
When observing cells such as floating cells or yeast, dropping cell suspension on a glass bottom dish is general method.
However, this method has a problem that the picture becomes blurry because the cells vibrate due to their brownian motion.
By wrapping with Myell™ A/S, the samples on a slide grass are prevented from vibrating. This makes us to get clear pictures.
Also, pictures hardly blurry even if some droplets are added on samples wrapped with Myell A/S.
Liposome suspention was wrapped or without wrapped by Myell™ A/S and applied to glass bottom dish.
Some drops were added on the both dishes and compared the pictures.
Wrapping by Myell S or A
Myell™ D: Prevent samples from desiccation
Myell™ D prevents samples from not only vibrating but also the desiccation and shrink.
These features of Myell™ D is due to the material, CYTOP® which has both water-repellent and oil-repellent.
Then, Myell™ D is useful for long time imaging in a tiling mode and three dimensional mode.
Also, Myell™ D does not influence on image in fluorescence microscope.
The fixed brain section from GFP-expressed mouse was wrapped by Myell™ D or not.
Then after, the imaging was performed by a tiling mode as below.
The sample without-wrapped was desiccated and shrinked, consequently, the picture was blurry toward Z axis.
On the other hand, Myell™ D-wrapped sample was prevented from desiccating, which enables to get clear picture.
Myell™ P: Enable to add stimulation factor
Conventionally, it is difficult to observe the effect of stimulation factor during live imaging because the samples are flown out once the stimulation factor is added.
Myell™ P has an advantage that adding stimulation factor on sample is possible while holding sample in microscopic field.
This is because Myell™ P has many small porous to penetrate.
Myell™ P has many small porous
The cells cannot penetrate this porous, however, the stimulation factor can penetrate.
Therefore, the cells remain inside and the effect of stimulation factor can be observed.
How to use
1. Place coverslip(diameter: =< 25 mm) horizontally on a stable stage
2. Place specimen on the coverslip
3. Pass the specimen though Myell (press Myell-film on the specimen and break through the film), then the specimen is wrapped.
*In case of using upright microscope
Please put sample which wrapped with Myell™ on slide grass, petri dish or directly on stage of microscope.
Upright microscope is suitable for Myell™ A/S and Myell™ D.
*In case of using inverted microscope
Please put sample which wrapped with Myell™ on petri dish.
This method is possible to soak water or embedded in agarose gel to prevent desiccation.
Inverted microscope is suitable for all Myell™ series.