7DW8-5 is a glycolipid analog related to Alpha-Galcer which is an immnumostimulate iNKT agonist upregulating cytokine production in human and mice. While majority of research with 7DW8-5 as a vaccine adjuvant the upregulated expression of cytokines may have cytoxic effects on tumors, infectious diseases and autoimmune disorders.
Cat. No.: 7DW8-5
Size: 1mg (white to off-white power)
Supplier: Funakoshi Co. Ltd
7DW8-5 chemical name: [(2S,3S,4R)-1-O-(α-D-galactopyranosyl)-N-(11-(4-fluorophenyl)undecanoyl)-2-amino-1,3,4-octadecanetriol)]
7DW8-5 molecular formula:
7DW8-5 is insoluble in water, methanol or ethanol. 7DW8-5 is soluble in dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO). The solution in phosphate buffered saline (PBS) with 10% Tween 20 or 80 remained clear at 4°C for 7 days. The solution in PBS with 5% Tween 80 remained clear at 4°C for 5 days. After more than 20 days at 4°C the samples became gel-like substance except the solution in PBS with 10% Tween 80 which remained clear solution with some floats.
- Structurally, 7DW8-5 and a-Galcer possess very similar chemical structures with the only difference being the fatty acyl chain.
- 7DW8-5 stimulates iNKT cells in vitro with a 100-ford higher dose sparing effect than a-Galcer.
- The binding affinity of 7DW8-5 to mouse and human CD1d molecules is 30-80 fold higher than that of a-Galcer.
- 7DW8-5 induces the up-regulation of the MHC-II and CD86 expression by DCs at almost 2-fold stronger than that induced by a-Galcer.
- 7DW8-5 exerts a 100-fold higher dose sparing effect than a-Galcer in displaying the adjuvant effect.
1. Li X, Fujio M, Imamura M, Wu D, Vasan S, Wong C-H, Ho DD, Tsuji M, 2010 Design of a Novel CD1d-binding NKT Cell Ligand as a Vaccine Adjuvant. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 107:13010-13015
2. Padte NN, Li X, Tsuji M, Vasan S. 2011. Clinical Development of a Novel CD1d-binding NKT Cell Ligand as a Vaccine Adjuvant. Clin. Immunol. 140:142-151.
a-Gal-Cer (alpha-galactosylceramide, KRN7000)
Cat. No.: KRN7000
Supplier: Funakoshi Co. Ltd
- Specific ligand for human and mouse natural killer T (NKT) cells
- KRN7000 exhibits potent anti-tumor activity in various animal experimental models
- KRN7000 also shows various immunological effects
- This product is licensed by Kirin Pharma Company, Ltd
KRN7000 Research Applications
Reference by Cancer Type
Conference Clinical update
Molecular weight: 858.34
Molecular Formula: C50H99NO9
Melting point: 189-190 °C
Purity: ≥ 95%
Appearance: Off-white powder
(1) In vivo assay£ºTo dissolve KRN7000, use 5.6% sucrose, 0.75% L-histidine and 0.5% Tween20 with
heating at around 80°C for several minutes.
(2) In vitro assay£ºKRN7000 should be dissolved by DMSO at the concentration of 1mg/ml with heating
for tens of seconds. The solution of 1mg/ml in DMSO can be diluted by PBS.